Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor
Within the Private Security Industry
Talented Training are specialists in delivering first class SIA Security courses across the UK, including Leeds, Huddersfield, Halifax, Sheffield and Manchester. We have trained over 2000 students accredited qualifications to gain SIA licenses into the industry using modern teaching methods while integrating real life experience.
Courses we deliver include, Security Guarding, Door Supervision, CCTV and Terrorism Awareness. We are committed to enhancing the learning of all those who are and wish to be employed or be up-skilled within the industry.
Who is this qualification for?
This regulated qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to work as a door supervisor as it provides them with the necessary skills and knowledge to apply for an SIA licence in this field. Subjects covered include behavioural standards, legislation relevant to the role, search procedures, powers of arrest, recording incidents and crime scene preservation, reducing risk, conflict management, communicating effectively and physical intervention.
How long will it take?
6-days (approximately 45-hours of learning) or 4-days if flexible distance learning is undertaken.
These include the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry:
The importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements, the role and objectives of a door supervisor.
Powers of arrest relevant to a door supervisor, how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations.
Good practice to follow after conflict situations, physical interventions and the implications of their use and the use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
The qualification comprises 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 1 - Working within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 2 - Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 3 - Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 4 - Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 1 - 40-question multiple-choice examination.
- Unit 2 - 45-question multiple-choice examination.
- Unit 3 - 20-question multiple-choice examination.
- Unit 4 - On going practical assessment throughout the course by the tutor and a knowledge assessment which is marked by the course tutor.