Social Media and I.T.
Understanding the Risks of Cyberbullying when Using Online and Social Media Platforms (Level 1)
The Level 1 Award in Understanding the Risks of Cyberbullying when Using Online and Social Media Platforms was developed in response to the worldwide social media safety problem, it’s aim is to raise awareness of the security and safeguarding risks of using online resources.
- Risks to personal information when online
- Risks of online communication and interaction, particularly social media networks
- Awareness of different types of cyber bullying, grooming and exploitation techniques
- The role that teachers, parents and other play in keeping children and young people safe when online
- Supporting victims of cyber bullying
I.T. User Skills
The qualifications recognise employers’ needs for ICT qualifications that reflect real-world skills, and the challenges of work-place learning. They enable recognition of the skills that employers want across the range of levels, have been successfully piloted in a wide range of companies and organisations, and are now a part of mainstream provision.
Safe Use of Social Media
Understanding the Safe Use of Social Media (Level 2)
This qualification addresses the issue of online safety when accessing and interacting with social media platforms.
- Raise candidates’ awareness of online threats
- Develop knowledge and skills to use social media resources effectively and search for information online
- Raise awareness of cyberbullying issues
Cyber Security Awareness for Business
This qualification is appropriate for individuals employed in all levels of an organisation across any sector in which ICT systems are used as part of the business.
- Principles of cyber security
- Threats to organisational security
- Safe ICT use and the importance of implementing cyber security policies