This qualification breaks down complex concepts, using straightforward language and accessible questions to assess learners’ understanding. An understanding of British Values can help learners’ self-development, aid their employability, contribute positively to safeguarding and help you build a cohesive community.
The further purpose of the qualification is to promote personal growth and engagement in learning.
- Rule of Law
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
- The concepts of Extremism and Radicalisation
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment and/or support a role in the workplace.
- Completing a job application form
- Job searching
- Effective teamwork
- Preparing for an interview
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Working as a volunteer
- Building working relationships with customers, preparing for work placement
- The rules to deliver customer service
- Fire safety awareness
- Service provision
- Roles within health and social care (adults, children and young people)
- Early years and childcare
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
- The roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- How to assess an incident
- CPR and use of an AED
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock
Paediatric First Aid
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to gain the knowledge and skills required to enable them to provide effective emergency paediatric first aid. It is intended for learners such as parents and relatives, pre-school or nursery staff, toddler group volunteers, childminders and nannies, au pairs and foster parents, or anyone who has to deliver first aid as part of their role in either childcare settings or a domestic environment.
- The role and responsibilities of the paediatric first-aider
- Providing first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- How to administer first aid to an infant or a child who is choking or suffering from hypovolaemic shock
- How to treat minor injuries